Walkthrough provided by CareStack directly (modified afterwards for Apteryx Help Center formatting). Attached is the original PDF copy from the CareStack Help Center.
Integrating your clinical imaging software is a multi-step process. Once the prerequisites are met, you will be able to configure the settings and start taking images right away.
XV Web is Apteryx's cloud solution for storing and accessing your clinical imaging database. In order for your patient images to appear in CareStack, your XV Web account will need to be entered into your Practice Settings.
- Hover over your username, select Practice Settings, then choose Services at the bottom of the left-side menu.
- Click the teal link under the Options column to configure your XVWeb admin credentials, then hit Save.
Next, you'll need to download and install the CareStack Link. This link serves as the bridge between CareStack and your imaging software.
- Open any patient's clinical chart and select the Imaging tab above the care panel.
- Click the Download button.
- In the setup wizard, click Next until the final screen where you'll select Finish.
- Click Finish. Now that the link is installed, you will need to refresh your web browser.
- Minimize your web browser and locate the XV Capture program on your desktop. Right-click the program icon, then select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- The program path in the Target field is usually automatically highlighted. Right-click it and
copy the text.
- Go back to the imaging tab in CareStack, then click Configure.
- In the pop-up window, enter the following details:
- Select Apteryx for the "tool" you are configuring.
- Paste the program path into the appropriate field (remove any quotation symbols if there are any).
- Click the Add button.
- Refresh the page and test the integration to make sure it works: click Open Imaging Software and select Apteryx.
- If a dialog box asks about opening the program, select Always Allow.
- If XV Capture opens, then it is properly configured.
- If XV Capture does not open, then you may need to contact CareStack Support.
Now that your imaging software is configured from the user interface and from the back-end, take a sample x-ray using a tester patient profile. If it populates within the patient's chart on any computer, you're good to go!
Article Version 1.0 2019.11.4