There are many reasons why multiple patient accounts may need to be merged. Converted images missing some patient information (DOB, ID number, etcetera), name change caused a duplicate patient record, bridge information changed (ID number change, SSN added, etcetera), and more. The following steps should help guide the process for merging patient records in XrayVision.
- Open XrayVision
- Click the Database menu
- Select Database Utilities, then Merge Patients, then Merge Patients ...
- In the Merge Patients window, click on the first instance of the patient you want to merge
- Hold the CTRL key on the PC's keyboard and click on the next instance(s) of the desired patient
- Once all instances have been highlighted, release the CTRL key
- The highlighted instances will appear in the lower secion of the Merge Patients window. Click on the instance with the most up-to-date or correct information to highlight that instance (selecting the instance that the current bridge is opening is the Apteryx recommendation)
- Click the Merge button and click Yes on the prompt to successfully merge the instances into one patient
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 as necessary, otherwise click Done
Article Version 1.0 2019.11.1