Creating/Editing layouts within XVWeb does not create/edit the layouts within XVCapture/DCV. If you need to create/edit layouts within XVCapture/DCV, please refer to Creating Custom Layouts - XVCapture/DCV
The following steps will walk you through creating a custom layout in XVWeb from scratch. Before beginning the walkthrough, please remember that the tooth associations with each tile is very important. If you are creating a layout within XVWeb to match an already existing layout in XVCapture/DCV, it is vital that each tile's tooth associations match to the XVCapture/DCV layout exactly.
- Within XVWeb, pull up a patient image (does not have to be any specific image).
- Click the Layouts icon on the right side of the page.
- In the Layouts side bar that populates, click New layout at the top.
- A dummy layout with 4 tiles should appear on screen.
- Right-click on each individual tile, selecting Remove from the bottom bar that populates for each, in reverse reading order (lower right, lower left, upper right, upper left).
- With a now blank layout, click the Tiles icon in the right side bar.
- Click into the Teeth text box and select the desired tooth associates from the populated chart (either by individually clicking each tooth, or click-dragging over multiple at once). Then click the check mark under the tooth chart.
- Now click the Create button.
- A tile with the selected tooth association will appear on the screen. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each tile needed in the layout.
- Each tile will be placed in the same spot, on top of whatever tile was already there. Once placed, you can click-drag the top tile to any desired position. Adjusting the X and Y fields will allow you to set where the tile is to be placed before creation. X is horizontal, with positive numbers moving rightward and negative numbers leftward. Y is vertical, with positive numbers moving downward and negative numbers upward. Each whole number (1, 2, 3, etc...) is a full tile length in that direction.
- Once the layout has been created and organized, click the circled X icon in the upper right.
- Then click the Save icon in the upper right.
- Provide a layout Name and Modality, then click Save.
- Any uploaded series with the same tooth associations and modality will automatically have that layout assigned to it.
Article Version 1.0 2019.11.1