If you see this message when logging in to your XVWeb site, your user does not have search privileges, also known as Query privileges. This is usually only encountered when logging in as a new user.
The "admin" user should be used as a site administrator as opposed to a general user. Admin users can change settings that affect all users on a site, and typically should only be used to create user login credentials for the rest of your staff.
You can change the privileges of any XVWeb user with the following steps. For instructions on creating new users, see Creating XVWeb Users.
- Log in to your XVWeb site as admin.
- If the error message is still present, click the X to the right of the message to clear it:
- Click on the user name admin in the upper right corner of the page:
- Click Users in the menu that appears.
- Click on the user's name for which you want to change privileges:
- Click the checkbox next to each privilege you would like to grant to the user (shown are typical privileges for a general user):
- Click Save, repeat from step 5 as necessary, then click Close.
- Click on the user name admin in the upper right corner of the page and click Log Out.
- Log in as the desired user.
Article Version 1.1 2020.6.25